Terms & Conditions
Chapter 1 General Provisions
Article 1 (Purpose)
This Agreement shall stipulate conditions and procedures to use all services that the Site of National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea, provides (hereinafter, the “Service”), rights, responsibilities, duties, etc.
Article 2 (Effects and Modification of the Agreement)
- 1. If members agree to this agreement, this agreement will be applied to in priority for the supply of service by MMCA and the use of service by members at the site of MMCA.
- 2. This Agreement may be modified without notice. Such modification shall be informed on the site or via e-mail to members, upon which the effect will take place immediately. If members do not agree to the revised agreement, they may cancel their membership registration (Withdrawal). Their continuous usage of the membership will be considered as their agreement to the revision.
Article 3 (Regulations besides the Agreement)
- When the matters are not specified in the agreement are stipulated in the related law, Personal Information Protection Act, the Telecommunications Basic Act, the Telecommunications Business Act, and other related laws are applicable.
Article 4 (Definition of Terms)
The terms used in this agreement are defined as follows.
- 1. User: Person who receives service provided by MMCA site according to the agreement
- 2. Subscription: Act of entering appropriate information in the application provided by the site and completing usage contract for service by consent to this agreement
- 3. Member: Any person who provided the personal information and registered as a member of the MMCA, can use the service on the website served by MMCA
- 4. Password: series of letters and numbers decided by members for protecting their online privacy and checking accordance with their ID.
- 5. Withdrawal (Termination): Act of terminating usage contract
Chapter 2 Provision and Use of Service
Article 5 (Approving Usage Contract)
- 1. This Agreement shall be approved by the user subscribing his/her personal information in the form provided by the MMCA on the member information screen.
- 2. MMCA shall cancel the subscription under any of the following conditions.
- 1) When applied using another person's name
- 2) When an applicant has written false information on the application form
- 3) Obstructing others’ usage of the services of this site or peculating the information provided
- 4) Acting to be forbidden by the law or this agreement using this site
- 5) Unfulfilling membership conditions designated by this site
- 3. MMCA can reserve to completing this usage contract until the following terms are resolved.
- 1) When there is not enough capacity for related services
- 2) When there are technical issues
Article 6 (Agreement on Usage of Membership Information)
- 1. Membership information is protected by laws regarding personal information protection.
- 2. Membership information of MMCA site is used, managed and protected according to the following procedures.
- 1) Usage of personal information: personal information collected for service provision by the MMCA will not be disclosed or be distributed to a third party without an approval of the member. But there are exceptions when there is a request by a governmental organization according to the Act of Telecommunication, a request for criminal inspection, a request from the Information and Communication Ethics Committee or a request according to procedures stipulated by other related laws, and openness of their personal information that members provided to the site of the MMCA by themselves.
- 2) Personal information management: members can change/delete their personal information at any time by the personal information management service for protecting and managing their information.
- 3) Personal information protection: personal information can only be viewed/ modified/ deleted by ID and password of corresponding members. Thus, members must not disclose their ID and password to others, and must log out and close the screen of web browser after usage.
- 3. Application to usage of this site with agreeing to the agreement is assumed as you agree for MMCA to collect and use your membership information.
Article 7 (Information Security of Users)
- 1. Members are fully responsible to maintain the entered information when they complete the registration procedure of the MMCA website. All consequences of using ID and password belong to members themselves.
- 2. Members are fully responsible to manage ID and password. When members discover the improper usage of his/her ID and password, they must immediately report to the site of MMCA. All responsibility as not reporting this belongs to members themselves.
- 3. Members must log out when closing usage of MMCA service. Responsibility for any damages or loss caused by a member’s incorrect closing does not belong to MMCA website.
Article 8 (Service Usage)
- 1. Service is always provided 24 hours a day, 365 days a year except when service interruption occurs, which is unavoidable due to business or technical issues of MMCA.
- 2. Regular updates designated by the site are excluded from the service hours shown in clause 1.
Article 9 (Posted Materials of Members)
MMCA may delete posted materials without prior notification when members commit the following actions.
- 1. If members defame the honor of another member or a third party by using slander or libel.
- 2. If activities counter to public morals and order
- 3. If members Infringe intellectual property rights of MMCA or a third party
- 4. If the post period exceed the term defined by MMCA
- 5. If members list articles including false and commercial contents
- 6. If members post identical contents repeatedly
- 7. If contents violate other relevant laws or regulations
Article 10 (Copyright of Posted Materials)
A member shall not use information provided by the Service of MMCA for a commercial purpose, including rearrangement or sale of the materials from MMCA site.
Article 11 (Notification to members)
MMCA may delete it without prior notice when content posted or registered by a member is under the following conditions,
- 1. If MMCA notifies members, MMCA may use the e-mail address they submitted.
- 2. When MMCA notifies to unspecific majority, MMCA may replace individual notifications with a posting notice in the announcements section of the service for over one week
Chapter 3 Withdrawal of Membership and Disqualification
Article 12 (Withdrawal of Membership)
- 1. The member may request MMCA to be withdrawn from membership at any time through MY PAGE menu in the homepage, in which case MMCA will process the request immediately by related law.
- 2. When the member terminates the contract, integrated posts registered in the individual account among the articles that member has created are deleted, and the service must be logged will not be available anymore. (Example: My Page, Education Application, Reservation, bulletin board, etc.)
- 3. However, requests and Q & A are not deleted.
Article 13 (Disqualification of Membership)
MMCA may terminate or suspend membership, if a member conducts one of the following activities,
- 1. If provide false information of the membership application
- 2. If related to criminal activities
- 3. If another person's ID or password is misused.
- 4. If interfere with the operation of MMCA’s service
- 5. If apply for the purposes of undermining public order and morals of the society
- 6. If defame or otherwise bringing harm to others
Chapter 4 Booking Service and Cancellation
Article 14 (Booking Service)
- 1. MMCA site provides a booking service. Reservation time will differ from the choice of the using booking service. Only credit cards are available. This shall be subject to provisions in the Home Page Guide of MMCA. The modification of policies regarding booking service shall take effect by sending e-mails or publication on a pop-up window.
- 2. MMCA Site shall keep the records of members’ usage regarding booking service on “MY PAGE”.
Article 15 (Booking Fee)
MMCA site does not impose any fee on booking services. The policy on booking service fee shall be modified after notifying members.
Article 16 (Notification of Reception)
- 1. MMCA site shall notify the confirmation if members apply to this service.
- 2. Users may cancel their purchase after they find discrepancy on the confirmation of reception.
Article 17 (Cancellation and Refund)
- 1. Cancellation or refund is available on the MMCA site or by in-person. Cancellation is allowed by 5 pm on the day for the admission ticket (Special Exhibition and Theater). Cancellation isn’t allowed after above due time.
- 2. Process and date of refund may differ according to the time of cancellation and refund treatment policy of each credit company. Concerned matters related with such refund are recommended to contact directly each relevant credit card company.
- 3. Partial cancellation on internet is not allowed. (change of people number or units, etc.) It needs to be booked again after the whole cancellation.
Chapter 5 Miscellaneous
Article 18 (Rights)
- 1. MMCA has the right about providing services and necessary software, images, marks, logos, design, service names, intellectual properties related to information and trademarks, and other rights.
- 2. Users are not allowed to modify, loan, lend, sell, distribute, produce, transfer, re-license, set security rights or make commercial actions on entire or partial property except for explicit approval from MMCA and to give permission to do so to third parties.
Article 19 (Prohibition of Conveyance)
Members are prohibited from granting or conveying service usage rights, and other related rights in the agreement.
Article 20 (Compensation for Damage)
MMCA does not take responsibility for any damages of members regarding the services provided by MMCA for free except for criminal act of MMCA.
Article 21 (Exemption Clause)
- 1. MMCA is not responsible for conviction or representativeness about any opinions or information expressed at the service, and this site will not grant, oppose or adjust any opinions expressed by third persons. MMCA is not responsible for profits or losses of members by relying on the information in this service.
- 2. MMCA has no responsibilities for trade or money transaction between members or with third parties using this site and any expectation related with using services.
Article 22 (Competent Court)
If a lawsuit arises out of service use, a court defined by the law will act as a competent court.
(Effective Date) The agreement takes effect from April 15, 2009.
This Agreement shall apply when the user subscribes to a membership simultaneously.