Chapter 1 General Provisions
Article 1 (Purpose)
These Terms of Service (hereinafter “Terms”) govern rights, obligations, responsibilities and other matters between a user (hereinafter “you,” “your” or “yours”) and the National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea. (hereinafter “MMCA,” “we,” “us” or “our”) in connection with your use of any of services (hereinafter “services”) on MMCA website.
Article 2 (Effect and revision of the Terms)
1. Upon your consent, these Terms shall apply solely to our provision of and your use of services on MMCA website.
2. We reserve the right to change or modify any of the terms and conditions contained in the Terms at any time as deemed necessary. Any changes or modification will be effective immediately upon posting or e-mailing of the revisions on the MMCA website. If you do not accept the changes or modification, you may delete your account. Your continued use of services following the changes or modifications shall be deemed as your acceptance to such changes and modifications.
Article 3 (Other applicable rules)
- Any and all matter other than defined herein shall be governed by other applicable laws and regulations including but not limited to the Personal Information Protection Act, Telecommunications Framework Act, and Telecommunications Business Act.
Article 4 (Definitions)
For the purpose of these Terms, the following terminologies shall have the following meanings:
- 1. “user” refers to an individual who is given MMCA website services under the terms and conditions contained in these Terms.
- 2. “sign-up” refers to a conclusion of the service agreement through completion of a MMCA application form and acceptance to these Terms.
- 3. “member” refers to an individual duly authorized to access to and use MMCA website services by providing his or her personal information to MMCA.
- 4. “password” refers to a combination of letters and numerical numbers assigned by a user to verify his or her identity and protect personal information.
- 5. “deleting an account” refers to member’s voluntary termination of the service agreement.
Chapter 2 Provision and Use of Services
Article 5 (Conclusion of the service agreement)
1. The service agreement shall be concluded upon your completion of sign-up process by completing a given online application form which is available at MMCA website.
- 2. We may terminate the service agreement if you:
- 1) provided other person’s name for sign-up
- 2) provided false information for sign-up
- 3) cause an interrupted access to or use of MMCA website by another person, or illegally exploit another person’s personal information
- 4) commit an act against the laws and these Terms using MMCA website
- 5) fail to comply with any other requirement(s) defined by MMCA website
3. We may suspend a conclusion of the service agreement until we properly address following issues:
- 1) lack of online service resources
- 2) technical difficulties.
Article 6 (Consent to use of personal information)
- 1. We protect your personal information in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.
2. We use, control and protect personal information you have provided on MMCA website as follows:
1) use of personal information: unless as otherwise required by the government institutions under the Telecommunications Framework Act, or necessary for criminal investigation, or requested by the Korea Communications Standards Commission, or obliged by lawful procedures defined in applicable laws and regulations, or voluntarily disclosed by you, your personal information that we have collected for delivering MMCA website services will not be disclosed to or shared with any third party without your prior consent.
2) control of personal information: you have the right to edit, change, or delete your personal information at any time for protecting your privacy.
3) protection of personal information: access to, modification and/or deletion of your personal information is strictly controlled by your user ID and password. Thus, you shall not share your user ID and/or password with others, and you are highly recommended to close a web browser after logging out.
3. Your sign-up and use of our services shall be deemed as your acceptance to such collection and use of personal information by MMCA website.
Article 7 (User’s cyber security)
1. You are obliged to keep your personal information confidential immediately after completion of sign-up process at MMCA website, and you are solely responsible for any and all consequences arising out of, or relating to your use of user ID and password.
2. You shall exercise reasonable care to protect your user ID and password safe. You shall promptly notify MMCA website of any compromised user ID or password. You are responsible for any and all losses and damages arising out or, or relating to your failure to report such security compromise event.
3. Whenever you finish access to or use of MMCA website services, you shall log out correctly. We assume no liability for any and all losses and damages arising out of, or relating to consequences of your negligence, including but not limited to use of your personal information by any third party.
Article 8 (Use of services)
- 1. MMCA website services will be available for 24 hours a day, 365 days a year unless interrupted by managerial or technical difficulties.
- 2. Services may be inaccessible for a specific period of time or a specific day due to MMCA’s scheduled system maintenance.
Article 9 (User-submitted postings)
We may at our discretion, without prior notice, delete any user-submitted postings or contents that:
- 1. damage the reputation, character, or good name of another member or any third party
- 2. are against sound social order or traditional values
- 3. infringe rights (including copyrights) of MMCA or any third party
- 4. expire the term of posting defined by MMCA
- 5. contain commercial communication or false, or fake information
- 6. contain message that have been already posted multiple times
- 7. conflict with applicable laws and regulations.
Article 10 (Copyrights to postings)
You shall not be involved in commercial exploitation (including processing or sales) of any posting that you have obtained from in the course of your access to or use MMCA website services.
Article 11 (Notice to a member)
MMCA notices may be delivered to members in a manner as follows:
- 1. We may send a notice to your e-mail address or postal address that you have provided at MMCA website.
- 2. For a general communication to all members, we may post a notice on MMCA website for 7 days or longer instead of sending e-mail or postal mail to each member.
Chapter 3 Deleting an Account and Revocation of Membership
Article 12 (Deleting an account)
1. You have the right to delete your account (and terminate the service agreement) at any time by visiting “My Page” at MMCA website, and such termination request shall be accepted immediately as required by applicable laws and regulations.
2. If you delete your user account (and terminate the service agreement), all posting that you have made before deleting your account will be automatically removed from MMCA website, and you will be no longer able to access to or use any services that require log-in process, for example “My Page,” “Learning,” “Booking” and posting upload.
- 3. Notwithstanding the foregoing, postings you have made on “Complaint” and “Q&A” will not be removed.
Article 13 (Revocation of membership)
We may limit or suspend your membership for a specific period of time or permanently if you:
- 1. provided fake or fraud identity for sign-up
- 2. are involved in any criminal activity
- 3. illegally use another person’s user ID and/or password
- 4. intentionally cause a disrupted service operation
- 5. intentionally post any content against sound social order and traditional values
- 6. commit an act disgracing other person or against other person’s legitimate rights.
Chapter 4 Booking Service and Cancellation
Article 14 (Booking services)
1. MMCA website provides you integrated booking services. Booking date range may vary depending on event. MMCA website accepts credit cards only. Other terms and conditions will be posted on MMCA website. We reserve the right to change or modify any of the terms and conditions of booking service policy at any time as deemed necessary. Any changes or modification will be effective immediately upon posting (including a pop-up window) or e-mailing of the revisions on the MMCA website.
2. MMCA website allows you to check your booking status on “My Page.”
Article 15 (Booking commission)
MMCA website booking services charge no commission. However, we reserve the right to change our booking commission policy at any time by giving prior notice to members.
Article 16 (Confirmation notice)
- 1. We send a confirmation notice whenever your purchase order is made on MMCA website.
- 2. If there is any discrepancy between your actual intention and your purchase order, you have the right to cancel your purchase order immediately upon receiving a confirmation notice.
Article 17 (Cancellation and refund)
1. You may request to cancel your ticket for a refund on MMCA website or in person. We accept your cancellation or refund request before 17:00 on the very event day (special exhibition, screening etc.). No request after 17:00 on the event day will not be accepted.
2. Refund amount, refund process and refund period may vary depending on cancellation date and/or card issuer’s refund policy. Detailed credit card refund shall be referred to respective card issuer.
- 3. No partial cancellation (such as changes in numbers or dates) will be available. If you need change your booking partially, you must book a new ticket after cancelling the ticket booked.
Chapter 5 Miscellaneous
Article 18 (Ownership)
1. Intellectual property rights and other rights to services, software, images, marks, logos, designs, service names, information and trademarks shall be solely and exclusively retained by MMCA.
2. Unless explicitly permitted by MMCA, you shall not (or shall not allow any third party) to either partly or wholly modify, rent, lease, sell, distribute, produce, transfer, sublicense, create a pledge, or commercially exploit the aforesaid intellectual properties.
Article 19 (No assignment)
Member’s right to use services hereunder shall not be assigned, transferred to, or pledged by any third party.
Article 20 (Limitation of liability)
1. We assume no responsibility to convince anyone of or represent any opinion or information expressed on services, and shall neither approve, oppose against nor modify any opinion expressed by a member or any third party. Under no circumstances we are responsible or liable in any way for any losses, damages, or liabilities whatsoever arising from, or relating to your use of or inability to use services.
2. We assume no responsibility for either monetary or merchandise transaction between you and other member or between you and any third party through our services, and shall not guarantee any anticipated gain or profit of you associated with your use of our services.
Article 22 (Jurisdiction)
Any and all disputes, controversies, differences, or claims arising out or relating to use of Service shall be submitted to a competent court having jurisdiction over MMCA.